Happy Fall everyone and welcome to the Delmarva Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants. I am excited and honored to serve as your Chapter President for another year. We have a great Board of Directors that have committed to providing you with quality continuing professional education and a rewarding networking environment. Your Delmarva board has been hard at work planning for this upcoming chapter year and will continue to schedule monthly speakers and keep you informed of any upcoming chapter events. Please go to Events & Education/Chapter Events for details. If you would like to find out more about our chapter or about becoming a member, we encourage you to contact us by clicking here to get to our website.
Who are we and what do we do?
The Delmarva Chapter of the IMA is a non-profit organization committed to providing educational, networking, and leadership opportunities to accounting professionals on the Delmarva Peninsula. We welcome accounting professionals from industry, public accounting, and academic fields.
The mission of our chapter is to promote accounting knowledge, provide educational opportunities, and serve the community through:
- Chapter meetings that include speakers on relevant accounting, tax, and business topics.
- Providing low cost continuing education programs for members and non-members.
- Supporting nearby IMA student chapters by providing speakers and inviting student members and faculty advisors to Delmarva Chapter functions.
- Partnering with other organizations to sponsor educational programs.
- Soliciting ideas from other chapters and the National Organization on effective programs.
- Using chapter funds when available to support scholarships and educational activities.
- Promotion of the Certified Management Accounting program.
- Providing volunteer accounting and tax expertise in the community to individuals and small businesses.
- Providing professional networking opportunities for members.
Jesse Reid, CPA, MBA
Delmarva Chapter President 2017-2018