Welcome to the Delmarva Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants. If you are not a member of our chapter, or you are a visitor for the first time, we welcome you to browse through our website. If you would like to find out more about our chapter or about becoming a member, we encourage you to contact us by using the contact us link.
Who are we and what do we do?
The Delmarva Chapter of the IMA is an non-profit organization committed to providing educational, networking, and leadership opportunities to accounting professionals on the Delmarva Peninsula. We welcome accounting professionals from industry, public accounting, and academic fields.
The mission of our chapter is to promote accounting knowledge, provide educational opportunities, and serve the community through:
- Chapter meetings that include speakers on relevant accounting, tax, and business topics.
- Providing low cost continuing education programs for members and non-members.
- Supporting nearby IMA student chapters by providing speakers and inviting student members and faculty advisors to Delmarva Chapter functions.
- Partnering with other organizations to sponsor educational programs.
- Soliciting ideas from other chapters and the National Organization on effective programs.
- Using chapter funds when available to support scholorships and educational activies.
- Promotion of the Certified Management Accounting program.
- Providing volunteer accounting and tax expertise in the community to individuals and small businesses.
- Providing professional networking opportunities for members.
For more information about the chapter, please refer to our Chapter By-laws: